The Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation (GPCF) needs your support for Poweshiek County nonprofits during Big GIVE 2016!
From October 1st – 31st, Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation will bring awareness of the important work that is being done in Poweshiek County concerning food insecurity, education, literacy, school readiness, services for at-risk families, the arts and historic preservation, wellness and mental health and so much more.
To date, individuals and organizations have established over 127 funds with GPCF, one of the foremost sources for charitable giving in our county. Last year, donors generously gave over $294,000 to 36 different funds during the month-long Big GIVE for Poweshiek County. We know that number will increase through your generosity! Together we are raising more dollars, generating more awareness and connecting you to the causes you care about! View the Big Give Catalog For Giving to learn more about the giving opportunities available through the foundation and give a gift that lasts a lifetime.
The theme for the 2016 Big GIVE for Poweshiek County and the 7th annual Spirit of Giving celebration on Saturday, October 8th is The Art of Growing Community. In keeping with this theme, we have created several philanthropy challenges as incentive to help our donors and partner boards rise to the challenge!
2016 Big GIVE Philanthropy Challenges
Preparing the Canvas Challenge
- $500 prize to the nonprofit that receives the first online donation on October 1st
- $500 prize to the nonprofit with the greatest number of online donations on October 3rd
The Prized Collection Challenge
- $500 will be awarded to the nonprofit that raises the most money during the campaign
Brooklyn Mosaic Challenge
- Anonymous donor will match up to $25,000 donated to the 6 endowed funds for the Brooklyn Community
Board Pop Art Challenge
- All boards with 100% board participation during Big GIVE will be entered in a drawing to win $1,000 for their nonprofit. The winning organization will be drawn on November 5th if there is 100% participation during Big GIVE
Grinnell Area Arts Council (GAAC) Manga Challenge
- GAAC will match $1 (up to $10,000) from the Jon Lacina Arts Fund for every $2 in new gifts to the GAAC Endowment with a goal of pushing the endowment up over $650,000
The Still Life Challenge
- Scott Baumann and Dental Associates will match up to $1,000 donated to the Tiger Packs program
GNEE Primary Colors Challenge
- Anonymous donors will match up to $2,000 donated to the Grinnell Newburg Educational Excellence (GNEE) Fund
S.H.E. COUNTS Art Nouveau Challenge
- Anonymous donor will match up to $2,500 donated to the S.H.E. COUNTS Endowment fund
The Masterpiece Completion Challenge
- $500 prize to the nonprofit that receives the most online donations on October 31st
Tom & Connie Marshall Fund Most Beloved Piece Challenge
- The Claude and Dolly Ahrens Foundation will contribute $100,000 to the Tom and Connie Marshall Administrative Endowment Fund if the community is able to raise $800,000