Becoming a Donor
The community foundation idea is simple: to pool resources of many donors to make a lasting difference in the community. When you give to a cause through GPCF, your gift joins with many other like-minded donors to increase its impact through prudent investment and long-term vision.
GPCF hosts over 100 funds supporting a wide-range of causes. From education to mental health, early childhood to caring for the elderly, historical preservation to campaigns for new construction, arts and culture to direct human services, donors have turned to the Community Foundation to directly impact causes they care about right here in Poweshiek County.
We welcome gifts of all sizes to existing funds. However, if you wish to support a cause that might not be represented, starting a fund at the Community Foundation is simple.
Some donors give during their lifetimes; others arrange for a future gift through bequests. All are generous givers whose gifts make a difference today and for generations to come. Visit our Ways To Give page to see the many flexible giving options available.
Starting a Fund
It is easy to establish your own named charitable fund at the Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation with these simple steps:
1. Determine what your charitable goals and purpose are.
2. Select the type of charitable fund that will best support your purpose. Our staff will outline your options and discuss advantages of each.
3. Select a name for your fund. You can choose your name, that of a family member, the name of a favorite cause or a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
4. Complete a fund agreement form. Our staff will help you complete a document that makes your intentions clear for the duration of the fund’s existence.
5. Make an establishing gift. See Ways to Give for the types of contributions you can make. You will receive a tax deduction when the gift is given.
6. Once your fund is established you may add to the fund at any time, in any dollar amount.