We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2013 Community Fund Grants! This year's inaugural grants will be given to:
1) Brooklyn Economic Development to complete a community sign revitalization project initiated last year
2) City of Grinnell Parks and Recreation Department to install pet/human drinking fountains in four public parks in Grinnell
3) Poweshiek County Development to redesign the current Pow I-80 website to provide web presence for smaller communities in the county
4) Poweshiek County Extension and Outreach for the "Cooking Up Science: The Clover Cookie Factory" workshop to teach food science to youth
5) Poweshiek County Pioneer Cemetery Commission to restore and preserve small pioneer cemeteries throughout the county
Do you have a great idea for a project? There's still time to apply for a grant! The Poweshiek County Alliance has approximately $97,000 to disburse this year. Click HERE to find the 2014 PCA Brochure and Grant Application! Applications are due January 24, 2014.
The numbers are in, and it's official: the Big GIVE Week was a great success! We'd like to give a huge thank you to everyone who contributed; together donors raised almost $127,000 for 29 different funds! This year, Brownells, Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, and Grinnell State Bank teamed up to offer a dollar-for-dollar match on all gifts to the GPCF Administrative Fund, bringing the grand total to nearly $140,000!
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our fourth annual Spirit of Giving Dinner on October 10! Over 175 guests gathered to honor Tom Marshall, celebrate philanthropy in Poweshiek County, and kick off our Together For TOMorrow Campaign. The generousity of donors is one of the many things that makes Poweshiek County a great place to live!
The Iowa Legislature passed a bill on May 22, 2013 that will increase the amount of Endow Iowa Tax Credits from $4.5 million to $6 million. There is also a retroactivity piece of the bill that addresses donors who did not receive the credit in 2012. Please contact the Foundation Offices at 236-5518 if you have any questions.
Read GPCF's Annual Report to the Community here.
Thanks to everyone who made Celebrate Community a great success! Congratulations to Jo Wells who won the grand prize.
Congratulations to the 2013 Poweshiek County Alliance grant recipients. Over $95,000 was awarded to community organizations and projects in the county. To see a compete list of the 2013 recipients, click here.