Assets Under Management
Grants, Scholarships & Distributions
Contributions, Grant Income & Donations
Matching Gift Opportunities
Please consider donating to one of these matching funds, available now through December 31, 2020.
Brooklyn Endowed Funds
A generous donor will match $2 for every $1 given up to a total of $50,000 for gifts given to the following endowed funds supporting the Brooklyn Community:
- Brooklyn Community Foundation Endowment
- Brooklyn Historical Museum Endowment
- East Poweshiek Ambulance Service Endowment
- Brooklyn Fire Department Endowment
- Citizens Scholarship Fund of BGM-Dollars for Scholars Endowment
- Michael J. Manatt Community Center Endowment
Dr. Kevin W. Sterk Elementary Student Needs Endowed Fund
Ginger and Glenn Sterk will match $1 for every $1 donated to the Dr. Kevin W. Sterk Elementaty Student Needs Endowed fund up to a total of $2,000. This fund supports Fairview and Bailey Park Elementary Schools in Grinnell by purchasing self-care, clothing, shoes/boots, winter clothing and food for children in need.
Who We Are
The Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation (GPCF) serves Poweshiek County by providing financial management support to our partner nonprofit agencies and assisting individuals with their personal giving objectives.
The Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation is committed to strengthening communities and inspiring philanthropy by:
• Connecting donors with organizations & causes
• Investing funds responsibly
• Giving back to the greater Poweshiek area
• Supporting nonprofits
• Facilitating community partnerships
Program Partners & Initiatives
Growing Community Through Giving
The Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation serves as an umbrella organization and financial manager for many other organizations. By banding together, these organizations achieve efficiency of scale while maintaining independent advisory committees.